Saturday, May 17, 2008

Iain to the rescue?

Got in late this morning and opened my mail with a minor hangover. I just don't understand. Why do they allow this to go on? Why don't they penalise sites that do this like they say they do? Six identical websites? The rats! I thought Google's robot's were smarter than that! Now I'm not so convinced.

I've just read The Duplicate Conetent Myth on SitePro News (http://www.sitepronews.com/2008/05/14/the-duplicate-content-myth/). They say: "Let me set the record straight: I don't believe there is such a thing as a duplicate content penalty. Yes, search engines can detect duplicate pages and will do what they can to avoid including them. But that usually involves a filter-based algorithm to determine the "original" page and ignore the dupes...Google incorrectly assumes that the authority site is the originator of the content and ignores my pre-dated version."

I wrote in a couple of forums about all this yesterday and the advice was to report the site to Google. How do I do that?

No comments: